Posting active date: 5/25/2023
Name of corporate partner: Lenczner Slaght LLP
Application deadline: June 16, 2023
Corporate partner contact name and email:
Mariya Georgieva – [email protected]
Location: 130 Adelaide St., Toronto, ON (Hybrid – in office 2 days a week)
Hours of Work: 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
Job title: Finance Intern
Job type: Internship
Reporting to: Manager, Finance
Department: Finance and Pricing
Length (contract/internship): Internship – May – Aug
Salary or range: $21/ hour
Start date: 5/25/2023 End date: 8/25/2023
Exclusive to Pathways Alumni? Yes
About the organization:
Widely recognized as Canada’s leading litigation practice, we have successfully represented clients’ interests in some of the most complex, high-profile cases in Canadian legal history. Focusing exclusively on litigation and advocacy, we practice across dozens of legal areas and industries and represent our clients where it counts – on our feet in all levels of the courts and before every kind of tribunal. Our subject-matter expertise and extensive courtroom experience is consistently recognized by clients, peers, and senior members of the legal profession in leading legal publications, including Chambers Canada and Lexpert. We offer the opportunity to work alongside and learn from some of Canada’s most highly regarded litigators. Our partners are ranked among the best of their peers nationally and lead a mentoring and development program that attracts gifted lawyers who are committed to upholding the highest professional standards.
Under the supervision of the Manager, Finance, the Finance Intern will be responsible for supporting the Finance team with a variety of tasks including data entry, document production, billing and collections, financial reporting system implementation and testing, research, assisting with process improvement projects, and other projects as they arise.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Reviewing client engagement letters and summarizing terms.
- Process mapping and updating templates/forms related to financial system upgrades.
- Data entry and clean up.
- Assist and support with expense reimbursement and billing processes.
- Assist with various projects through financial research and analysis.
- Other duties as and when required.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Currently enrolled in post-secondary education in a Finance related program or display a demonstrated interest.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite including Word and Excel.
- Experience working with financial reporting program will be considered as asset.
KEY SKILLS & CHARACTERISTICS
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a team-oriented and fast paced work environment.
- Capable of maintaining flexibility.
- Ability to work independently and with excellent judgment to both follow instructions and take initiative as appropriate.
How to apply:
Apply here: https://careersls.viglobalcloud.com/viRecruitSelfApply/ReDefault.aspx?FilterREID=3&FilterJobCategoryID=3&FilterJobID=55