ORGANIZATION: Pathways to Education Canada
POSITION: Alumni Marketing Intern
REPORTING TO: Senior Manager, Volunteer Engagement
LOCATION: Toronto, ON; Montreal, QC; or remote within Canada
RATE OF PAY: $18.00/ hour
JOB TYPE: Contract (August 29, 2022 to January 13, 2023), 37.5 hours per week
HOURS OF OPERATION: 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. ET
Alumni Marketing Intern, Pathways to Education Canada
We’re looking for someone who can change the paradigm for Canadian youth living in poverty. Someone who enjoys building partnerships, making an impact, and working with energetic, high-performing teams. Is that you?
Pathways to Education is a national, charitable organization breaking the cycle of poverty through education. Its award-winning program is creating positive social change by supporting youth living in low-income communities to overcome barriers to education, graduate from high school, and build the foundation for a successful future. Through the collective power of partnerships, Pathways to Education’s innovative program is preparing youth for tomorrow.
Pathways to Education Canada is seeking an Alumni Marketing Intern for our Fall 2022 cohort. This role is exclusively for alumni of the Pathways Program.
As the successful candidate, you will work under the direction of the Senior Manager, Volunteer Engagement, and work closely with other members of the Marketing, Communications, and Volunteer Engagement team, to execute marketing and alumni strategies to achieve the organization’s goals.
You will also play an important role in storytelling to demonstrate the outcomes of the Pathways Program, sharing your lived experience with diverse stakeholders, including corporate and government partners, donors, and other Pathways supporters.
What You’ll Do
- Represent Pathways Canada at events by sharing your lived experience in the Pathways Program and post-graduation.
- Participate in donor outreach and stewardship activities including networking, public speaking, and sharing appreciation messages.
- Support the maintenance and development of content for Pathways Canada’s digital channels (e.g., thank you videos, the monthly alumni newsletter).
- Support volunteer and alumni engagement strategies through initiating and participating in online conversations with other Pathways alumni across a variety of channels.
- Monitor activity on Pathways Canada’s social media sites; responding to messages, editing, or escalating as required.
- Support the alumni request process, using English and French templates.
- Support with administrative tasks related to alumni engagement (e.g., survey creation and support, database lookup, data entry).
What You Bring
- Work or volunteer experience in a marketing, communications, membership, or community engagement role (e.g., student association leader).
- Strong customer service skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, SharePoint).
- Demonstrated experience related to email marketing and social media platforms.
- Strong written communication skills (Proficiency in English is required, bilingualism in English/French is an asset).
- Excellent oral communication and public speaking skills.
- Comfortable contributing independently and as part of a dynamic team.
- Demonstrated time management skills.
- Willingness to learn and take initiative.
- Interest in promoting Pathways to Education’s mission and brand.
- Experience in graphic design and content creation is an asset.
What We Offer
- An exciting opportunity to be part of the Pathways community with a new lens and in a new role.
- A collaborative work environment with a culture of innovation.
- Opportunities for learning and professional development.
- Health Benefits package.
To confidentially explore this opportunity, please submit a cover letter and resume with the subject line ‘Alumni Marketing Intern’ to [email protected]. In your cover letter, please indicate your Pathways Program location and high school graduation year. Applications will be accepted until 5 pm ET on Monday, August 8, 2022. Pathways Canada thanks all applicants for their interest. Due to volume, only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted.
Pathways to Education Canada is committed to fostering a diverse work environment that is inclusive of different races, ethnic origin, citizenship, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, ages, family status, disability status, and intersectional identities. All interested candidates are encouraged to apply and advise us of any accommodations or supports needed to ensure fair and equitable access throughout the recruitment and selection process.
Pathways is committed to ensuring the health and safety of its staff, visitors, and community partners. Accordingly, to be considered for employment with Pathways, candidates must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, in accordance with provincial guidelines, and provide proof of such vaccination at any time during the recruitment process as required by Pathways, subject to accommodations necessary pursuant to the Quebec Charter of Human Rights and Freedoms, the Human Rights Code, and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Pathways will comply with all applicable privacy legislation.